Thursday, January 25, 2007

Bullet Points

I've been sinking into the sort of lethargy that only sleeping in your childhood bedroom can bring about, so I've been too lazy to update the blog. But here are the bullet points of what I've been doing, separated into categories:

*Hanging Out - I've whiled away a couple of wonderfully unproductive afternoons with my best friend from high school, Zach. We spent hours at a sidewalk table in the chilly January sunshine last week, shivering but unwilling to not take advantage of the rare glorious day, sharing the most amazing black bottom cupcakes and drinking hot tea to ward off hypothermia. We've played a version of 20 questions (which is different from the standard version in that you can ask as many goddamned questions as you want - one marathon session circa 1994 lasted three days - the game doesn't end until someone gives up) with another highschool friend, while her new, beautiful baby, gurgled happily. We gorged on the most amazing local cheese while reminiscing

*Outdoor Activities - Haven't been doing nearly enough of these. The chocolate and novel training plan I've been following in preparation for my upcoming trip to SE Asia hasn't exactly left me fighting fit. But I have taken a few little wanders in the woods and at the beach. The picture above is from one of them. Remember what I said about Oregon being magical sometimes? This is what I meant.

*Shopping - Oh not for fun things, for scary medicinal supplies that might be necessary if I eat a pad thai that doesn't agree with me in Bangkok.

And that's my life in a list.

No comments: