Friday, January 12, 2007

Snow Days


I've taken a couple of snow days i.e. I haven't bothered to make the trip into town to access the internet or really done anything at all other than hang out in front of the fire eating toast and chocolate and reading the Harry Potter books for the first time. My mom and stepdad live on the Oregon Coast, about five miles inland and maybe 200 feet above sea level, which is all to say that getting five inches of snow is really not common and so totally merits a couple of days of card games and naps. The monster in the picture is Jack, a dog I have completely and totally fallen in love with in spite of the fact that he takes his responsibilities as the largest creature in the family very seriously and barks at everything (including falling snow) that he thinks might threaten the rest of us.

But I'm not beside the fire now, I'm at the library. I finally brushed the snow off my car and came into town, to check my email and go to the feed store (we have no pet store in town, but the local feed store does carry Sugar's brand of cat food), and basically just have an excuse to put on real clothes. There are a group of teenage boys clustered around a laptop a couple of chairs away from me watching bum fights on YouTube. I think it might be time to go to the feedstore before I feel the urge to say something adult-ish.

2 comments:

Red Fraggle said...

OMG. That's the dog?! I was truly thinking "wow, a bear in the middle of Corina's photo!"

Corina said...

I told you he was huge! It's fantastic, I don't have to bend over to pet him at all. His back is at hand height. He can put his nose in the kitchen sink (and our counters are not low).