Sunday, May 4, 2008

Foxes, elk and hummingbirds oh my!

What a great day. This morning when I looked out my window as I waited for the kettle to boil, I saw three long-legged foxes hunting voles. This evening, as I was checking out the sunset, I noticed a small group of elk calmly snacking on the ever-greening grass.

In between? I saw my first hummingbird of the season. I put out the feeders so hopefully I'll see many more. Feeling the spring sunshine on my bare toes I was inspired. I spent the afternoon watering and weeding flower beds, picking up little pieces of trash that had been covered by the snow, sitting in a canvas chair outside reading a book as half a dozen different birdsongs filled my ears. It's finally, FINALLY spring in the mountains and it is truly glorious.

No comments: