Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sunshine = Happiness

Not to rub it in or anything, but I've had the last five days in a row off, and it's been grand. I had all sorts of projects on my plate (lawn maintenance, painting, cover letters etc.) and I've made a little progress on all of them, but completed none. I've also read three books, watched two movies, had lunch with my grandparents, had lunch with friends, and stared off into space the exact amount that is good for me. There's something about summer. I know it says it there off in the sidebar, but can I just repeat myself, I LOVE SUMMER. It makes me unreasonably happy just to be warm. To put on sunscreen and wear hats and read novels in the grass and, despite my precautions, get a pretty tan anyway. Even doing laundry ceases being a chore when I can hang clothes to dry on the line and bring them in smelling of sunshine. I have to stay up late until the heat has dissipated enough from my bedroom to make sleep possible, and even a decrease in my nightly rest isn't enough to defeat my summer energy. I actually WANT to do home repair projects. I want to paint and scrub and weed and tidy. Would summer feel this great if winter hadn't been so hard? Probably not. So I'm just going to say it this once. Thanks for being so difficult Winter. I haven't enjoyed a summer this much since I was a child.

No comments: