Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kids

It's pretty clear to me that I will never have children. I never really thought I would but there was a point somewhere in my late 20s where I might of sort of kind of thought that maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. That era is over. I feel a little bad that my mom won't have grandkids (my dad has grandkids through my step-brother, so he's fine), she'd be a great grandmother, but other than a little guilt over being the end to this branch of the family tree, I'm pretty "whatev" about it all. All of this is really just a prelude to telling the internet that I had to give Freckles a time-out today. She was being a complete butt-head to Sugar, chasing and harassing, and basically bothering the poor creaky old dear who just wants to sleep all day and occasionally cuddle if the mood is right. So I locked Freckles in the bathroom for five minutes. It worked and she was a reasonably decent cat for the rest of the day. Score.

No comments: