Sunday, April 19, 2009

Status Updates

Yesterday evening about this time there were 9 elk grazing in my pasture. I just heard some sand hill cranes flying by.

I spent two hours weeding and re-edging a flower bed this afternoon. I wore my hoodie wrapped around my waist and flip flops on my feet.

My computer might be dying. The power cord only actually delivers power when propped at an odd angle against my knee. I wonder how long it will be before it gives up the ghost completely. And what the hell I'll do when that happens.

Today while changing the bedding I took off one of the down comforters. I didn't store it too far away, but it's off for the time being.

I have an ugly looking burn on my clavicle the exact size of a match head. Stupid weak-ass matches. I think it will leave a scar.

I just finished an insane mystery set at a boy's boarding school by that guy who wrote Lost Horizon. It fed all my worst 1920's English fantasies.

I'm wearing summer lounging clothes. There are no socks, sleeves, layers, or wool garments of any kind on my body.

Except for being ruinously poor and having no idea what to do about it, I'm feeling pretty good about life right at this particular minute.

No comments: