Saturday, May 2, 2009

Potable Water

I can't find a post where I mentioned this last spring, but the tap water has turned its annual spring brown and EW. I stopped drinking unboiled well-water the first time this happened, but when it's actively brown I can't make myself drink it boiled either. I'm sure it's not actively dangerous, but it just looks too gross to ingest. Which is very annoying because it means I have to go into town more often to fill my three gallon water jug. The next person who lives here might want to invest in one of those five gallon water jug holder thingies. Just a suggestion. My Belizean parents have this cool little pump thing that fits on the top of a five gallon jug, maybe I'll ask them to bring one back for me? Seems weird to import such a thing from Belize, but I've yet to find one here.

Just as much as fat robins and yellow daffodils, bathwater the color of (very) weak tea is a sure sign of spring.

No comments: