Friday, June 29, 2007

Some Context

So that my city friends can have a little better context of where this former city girl has found herself -on the right is a picture of my outhouse. Yes, it has a skylight. I actually remember using this when I was a kid and my parents were building the cabin. (We were sleeping in a tee-pee at the time. Yes, a real tee-pee. I wish I had a scanner so I could show you a picture of that!) I don't remember the outhouse having a skylight though. Maybe that's one of the "improvements" renters past made?

And here on the left, as promised, is a photo of the two lovely abandoned cars that are now part of my estate. Apparently the last renter but one left 10 cars behind, along with a school bus and 50 (!) washing machines. Thank god I never saw that. I think I would have cried. This small measure of Idaho squalor just makes me laugh. In the background you can also see the part of the animal husbandry compound they built. It's almost impressive.

But here is what makes living in circumstances that would have made my younger, painfully eager to seem sophisticated self blush; look at that view!

No comments: