Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tea Time

I'm afraid I might finally have read too many golden age English mysteries. Zach sent me an excellent scone recipe last week, and I've taken to making them every few days and then serving myself afternoon tea when I'm at home. With home-made jam, and tea in Great Aunt Thelma's china. Three o'clock rolls around and I break out the flour and butter and by 3:45 I'm sipping tea and dropping crumbs on the sofa as I read . . . yet another golden age English mystery. I haven't yet started putting the milk and sugar on the tea tray, but I'm this close. When combined with my recent obsession with learning how to embroider properly (my first cross-stitch project is almost finished) and the fact that I live alone with two cats . . . be honest: don't I remind you of your Great Aunt Thelma? (I haven't even mentioned my new obsession with toile!) I'm pretty sure if I lived in a neighborhood with children, I'd be yelling at them to get off my lawn.

No comments: