Saturday, April 19, 2008

Snow=Scones

It's been snowing since dawn. We're three weeks into April, and there is snow predicted every day as far into the future as weather.com dares to predict. But, in my continuing effort to master the art of not giving a fuck about whatever little unpleasantries life throws my way (A destroyed tire? Eh, they're still under warranty. A TWO HOUR swearing in ceremony for the Idaho bar? I haven't had to listen to a judge or a lawyer talk at me for a year and a half, I think I can handle it. More snow covering my green grass? Whatever dude.) I decided that the continuation of winter gives me permission to ACT like it's still winter. Forget spring cleaning. Forget eating like I might have to wear something skimpier than jeans and a wool sweater . . . ever. I'm spending the day on the couch with a good book, I'm not going to stint on the firewood, and I'm putting chocolate chips in the scones for my afternoon tea. To hell with spring. I never liked spring anyway.

No comments: