Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Horror!

My neighbor Pauletta dropped by to see if I wanted to walk down to our other neighbor's currently empty house with her to check on a flooding situation. I didn't have anything better to do, so I went. And when we got back . . . it's like I'm living in a horror movie. We couldn't help but notice that the snow around the porch, that had been white when we left 20 minutes ago, was now grey. Looking closer . . . the snow was covered in millions of tiny black insects. And they are completely surrounding my house! They seem to be coming from the foundation maybe? Pauletta, who's lived around here for years, has never seen anything like it. I'm completely and totally freaked out. She said she'd call when she got home if there weren't any around her house. She hasn't called, so I guess that's good?? That I'm not alone in this mysterious and nauseatingly horrifying infestation? I'm afraid to go back outside in case I accidentally bring the invasion inside with me. EW!

No comments: