Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More of the Same

I'm trying to think of things to write about, but this blog is supposed to be about my life and my life is really pretty small right now. This weekend was crappy. To fight a sudden assault of overwhelming sadness I went for a rather miserable hike in the mud and the rain. Oddly enough, it worked and I felt significantly better. Monday was gorgeous and I walked down to the river and took tea on a really comfy rock while I watched the cars coming and going from the hot springs and the occasional hawk riding the thermals. In spite of diligent sunscreen application my nose got a little red. I've made a couple of necklaces and a bunch of earrings and they're all packaged up to ship to my mom for (hopefully) sale at the gallery she manages. It's snowing right this minute. I'm wearing flip flops in the house in spite of the resulting purple toes because I'm just THAT READY for warm weather. But I'm willing to settle for cold weather with sunshine. I just need to be outside and it's so much nicer when it's not spitting sleet/snow/rain in your face and the road isn't all greasy mud and patches of ice. Even one day a week where I can risk a little sunburn is enough to keep me from wanting to take a long walk on a short pier into an icy lake.

No comments: