Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring. Ew.

Yesterday was the first day of spring and it was completely gorge. The sun, the little birdies, the temp, it was perfect. I worked. Today? The day I don't work? The sky is grey, the wind is howling, the temp is back in the 30s, and there are even MORE bugs outside. (Speaking of: I am alone in this invasion. Pauletta doesn't have these bugs. No one has these bugs. I don't want to talk about it.)

I've gotten back into making jewelry this past week. I'm really enjoying it even as it destroys my fingernails and aggravates my old wrist injury. But it's a little creative outlet I really enjoy and might bring in a few dollars here and there so I'm hoping the inspiration lasts for awhile. So today, with spring doing it's worst to irritate me and make me miserable, I'm going to enjoy the fire, try not to kill the cats as they literally climb the curtains with excess energy, and work on another necklace. It is a small life, but it is my own. And summer will show up eventually. Yesterday was a promise.

No comments: