Sunday, August 16, 2009

Inspiration strikes

I finished my totally jacked apron yesterday! Woohoo! Maybe I'll post a photo, maybe not. It's pretty bad. BUT! I broke through the sewing barrier. It's a very simple half apron with ties and a pocket in a contrasting fabric. I did all sorts of things very stupidly because I wasn't following a pattern, but that's how you learn, right? The next one will look much better I'm sure. (Zach has requested that I make him one, and it's going on my to-do list.) Last night I actually went to bed with three quilting books just sort of browsing and seeing what I might want to do. What I really really want to make is a crazy quilt of assorted wools scavenged from hideously out-of-date clothing picked up at thrift stores. Ambitious much? No, first I must finish a few small projects and work up my confidence level a bit. I have a few ideas . . .

The tea cozy I made last winter is (unsurprisingly) all tea stained and gross. It's perfectly usable, but it would be nice to have another one. Today I'm going to start making a crazy quilted tea cozy with scraps from some of my other adventures in craft. It's a very small project, but I'm planning to do most of the sewing by hand, so . . . wish me luck!

No comments: