Saturday, August 15, 2009

Whoa, where did the time go?

So I mentioned that my fabulous Aunt Jean gave me all these great quilting materials right? And before today I'd done basically nothing with them other than pet them and play with them and look on them lovingly because I'm scared as HELL of my sewing machine. I was brutally traumatized by my first sewing machine, which was broken right out of the box. But now I have one that actually works, and this morning I braved it. I wound and set a bobbin and threaded the needle and so far I have successfully sewed two hems on my first project: an apron. Ok, they're wonky as hell, but the fact that I did so without breaking my sewing machine or losing my mind feels like a HUGE accomplishment. Perhaps not the domestic equivalent of passing my first bar exam, but DAMN close.

No comments: