Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Movin' on out part 2

While I was packing for the big move this weekend, I came across a handful of photos from the last time I had nothing to do. After colllege, I took a year to figure out what to do next. (I should really change the description of this blog, the more I think about it, the more I realize time off track has always been part of the rhythm of my life.) I lived with my dad and some of his friends hired me to work as their receptionist. It didn't take much of that to realize that law school sounded a lot better than answering phones and filing. Before heading back to school, I convinced two of my best friends in the world (who had never met each other) to spend 6 weeks travelling with me in Italy and Greece. This was before the euro, back when the dollar was strong and travelling in Southern Europe really could be done for not much money. In one of the pictures that fell out of a musty book one of those friends gave me, I'm lying in the sunny grass in a public park in Siena laughing at something, anything, nothing. I hope I'm not asking too much of this next year to wish for just a few more moments like that, with sun, friends, laughter, and nowhere to be.

1 comment:

Leila said...

I am jealous. I'll be watching your blog for the next year, hoping that the year off leads you in a new and fun direction.

Good luck from another BigLaw lawyer and hopeful escapee.