Saturday, December 8, 2007

I Hurt

Just so you all aren't picturing me in a beautiful snowy wonderland, I should let you know that Tuesday, the day after the big snowfall, the temps reached the high 30s and it rained all that night, melting most of the snow and making everything (very much including my driveway) muddy and gross.

BUT! Not all the effects of the snow have disappeared this week. Oh no. One, very personal reminder, lingers. I actually pulled on my completely inadequate footwear and went out on Monday and shoveled the dense, wet, very very heavy snow (using a normal shovel, because of course I haven't gotten a snow shovel yet) and now, almost a week later, I still ache. Isn't that pathetic? The muscle soreness is finally gone but my neck/shoulder region is seriously janked. (I know, I should take advantage of the spa discount and get a massage. But . . . it feels strange to get a massage from someone I work with. Brow waxing? Facial? No problem! But a massage just seems too . . . I don't know. Something. It's my own hangup. The therapists are always getting massages from each other, so I know I'm being stupid. I'm sure I'll get over it before this little interlude in my life ends.) Of course, the fact that the snow had mostly disappeared the day after I had killed myself shoveling it out of my way just adds the proper coda of wasted effort to the physical discomfort.

No comments: