Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I've finally finished wrapping gifts, and I've unwrapped the ones addressed to me, and now I'm sitting in my old wool bathrobe in front of the fire watching Sugar try and fit in a box half her size while Freckles chases scraps of ribbon and tries to kill some paper with her teeth and claws. It's all very peaceful.

Unlike last year, I will be spending the rest of Christmas day with family (fingers crossed). Even though it means everyone will have to wait for me, I'm not starting until ths sun is up. Rain on the 23rd followed by a freeze last night has turned the driveway into a solid sheet of ice. So . . . I will be installing chains, by myself, on my tires before I make the attempt, and then taking them off, also by myself, when I safely (fingers crossed) reach the bottom.

I hope you all had a really lovely holiday.

No comments: