Tuesday, October 14, 2008

EW

Remember how I was all proud of myself for putting up with mouse poop to install insulation in a crawl space, thinking it was the grossest thing I'd done? Oh the grossness just keeps going. Yesterday, on a whim, I decided to replace some nasty looking insulation above the dormer windows in my loft. It had obviously been there for 20+ years, and no one had gotten around to putting sheetrock over it, so it was pretty dusty and I just thought, you know, let's put some nice clean white stuff there. In addition to choking on dust and ancient insulation when I pulled it down, I screamed like a little girl and literally FELL OFF A LADDER when I saw at least thirty yellow jackets and half again as many flies CRAWLING on the wall where the insulation had been, daylight streaming from the seams between the siding. EW!!!! I'm still recovering from the grossness and horror of that moment.

On a much happier note, I've ascended one giant step up the ladder from trash to just plain poor with the removal of those junked cars. Someone came to take them away yesterday and it made me just plain giddy. There's still a trashy tarp-covered pen that needs to be pulled down, but I am moving on up as the Jeffersons might say.

No comments: