Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Honestly

The first question on the Idaho Essay section was about potatoes. Way to live up to the cliche state of mine. There was also a question that involved watering cattle. I've finished up the essay sections, and the verdict is: atrocious. Like really really bad. The question about potatoes? I was able to vaguely say that the contract was governed by the UCC, but apart from that? No clue. The question about cattle was all about water rights and I basically answered the whole thing with "first in time is first in right". Over and over. Que sera.

Yesterday, before the exam began I was so filled with nerves and adrenaline it was scary. I was hyped up and shaking, but luckily I had internet access during the TWO HOUR wait between the obligatory check-in and the actual beginning of the exam and so while crazy people reviewed foot-high stacks of home-made flash cards I IM'd with Red Fraggle about the Oscars and played literati with Zach. I'm really grateful for my friends.

And thanks to everyone wishing me luck. I really appreciate it. I might be asking for those positive vibes again come July.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you even know what it means to "water cattle"? (I don't!) This Idaho Bar sounds tricky . . .

Corina said...

It's kind of ridiculously difficult considering it's freaking IDAHO.

But yes, I did know what it means to water cattle. It's when you have them drink from a stream. One of the few exceptions to the requirement that to perfect a water right you must actually divert the water. And . . . that's all I know. First in time is first in right!