Sunday, February 10, 2008

Is there a rehab for literati addicts?

Zach and I spent 7 hours playing literati today. We weren't even having fun after the first couple of games. To the contrary, the words "hell" "nightmare" and "disaster" were used repeatedly to describe the experience. But we just couldn't stop. We'd break away for lunch and then mysteriously find ourselves drawn back to Social Lounge 23. We kept telling each other that we really needed to get on with our lives. I put on boots and brought in wood . . . and then went back to Social Lounge 23. It was always "just one more game." We were out of control. During this horrid descent into torpor I drank about 10 cups of tea. By hour 6 I felt like a jittery slug, but we still played two more "one more" games. I can't even imagine how long we would have gone on if Zach hadn't finally had to go to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha. i feel the same