Friday, August 31, 2007

Chipmunker

Every once in a while I let Freckles roam around outside for a little break from the kittens. I let her have just such a mini-vacay this morning and when I let her back into the house she had a LIVE chipmunk in her mouth.

My neigbors had been planning to take one of the kittens to keep as an outside mouser, but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't let them have Freckles, who is obviously skilled (those chipmunks are fast), and keep one of the kittens myself.

There is a happy ending to this particular incident as I quickly pushed Freckles away from the chipmunk and let the tiny victim run. It didn't seem injured, just a bit moist. Freckles, however, is pissed.

Quick note on the new fire: the smoke cloud is gone, just a light haze over West Mountain.

No comments: