Saturday, August 25, 2007

STILL unpacking

I don't even want to think how long it's been since that wonderful day on which my stuff finally arrived . . . but I've done remarkably little unpacking since then. For a solid month I had the excuse of houseguests, but it's been a week and a half since they left and still . . . my living room, dining room and bedroom are still lined with half-unpacked boxes and boxes whose packing tape is still intact. But yesterday I made a HUGE stride and finally unpacked the enormous box housing my TV. A 15 year-old TV that I'd thought I'd left behind in DC. That I'd meant to leave behind in DC because it's huge and heavy and really unnecessary. But once the box came off the truck I vaguely remembered that the TV was so freaking big I couldn't move it down to the dumpster by myself and so had ended up having it boxed up and sent along. That's so lame of me. But so me. I don't want it, but it's easier to keep it, so keep it I do. Argh. Anway, here's a cute photo of Sugar playing (this morning) in the two tons of paper the movers used to protect my still working but essentially worthless albatross of a TV. Yes. I unpacked the TV and set it up yesterday afternoon and all the paper is still on my living room floor this morning. Don't judge. I've been busy . . . doing . . . stuff.

No comments: