Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Remember this morning?

When I was all worried about being alone, and having time to think? Yeah, the first two hours of being alone have been nothing short of deliriously happy. As soon as my uncle pulled out of the driveway I was on the couch watching What Not to Wear. Then I put on my favorite pyjamas (it's not even 7 yet), gave myself a facial, and while my mask was activating practically danced around the living room while I vacuumed. I know, vacuuming doesn't sound like much of a treat. Well, trust me, it is when you've had sawdust encrusted carpets for four weeks. It felt very satisfying to vacuum and know that the floor would only accumulate that detritus that I bring in on my own two feet. Is that silly? And now I've got a full glass of cold sweet tea within reach, a cat in need of some cuddle time, a couch free of crumbs, and the second season of Weeds on my Tivo. My life is fanfreakingtastic.

(NB: I loved having my family here. I was thrilled to have my soon-to-be-lawyer friend staying with me. They can all come back any time they want. And I hope they come back soon. But . . . tonight I'm alone and I love it.)

No comments: