Saturday, August 25, 2007

Kittens!

As I've mentioned before, the size of my household has increased rather dramatically in the past month. From two (me and Sugar) to 8 (me, Sugar, Freckles, and Freckles FIVE kittens). It took two weeks of frustrated searching before I found them . . . under the outhouse. Yes. Freckles decided that the safest most comfortable place to give birth was under a toilet. She's an interesting cat. She's also a fertile damn cat. Did I mention the FIVE kittens? (Available for adoption in late September/early October if anyone wants one! Free to good home!) Freckles and family are now safely housed in my childhood bedroom. I took them all to the vet the morning after I found them and apart from some eye infections that just won't clear up no matter how often I get myself scratched applying eye ointment to unwilling kitten eyeballs, everyone is very healthy. Of course they're adorable. Who doesn't love a kitten? But they're totally cramping my style. I'm dying to drive over to the Oregon coast for a few days of blackberry jam making and sitting on the beach, but . . . kittens can't be left alone that long. I know, you're all crying for me on the inside. Anyway, due to popular demand (or the half-hearted request of one friend) here are some blurry kitten action shots. Kitten photography is really hard y'all. For the second post in a row I have to say: don't judge.

No comments: