Saturday, March 8, 2008

Energy

I've been feeling so energetic and cheerful ever since the bar ended. That doesn't mean I haven't spent plenty of the time sitting on my ass, but, I've been spending significantly less time in that position. This morning, for example, I'm cleaning my living room, which had more or less turned into a trash heap during those long dark pre-bar months. My mom managed to fix the "broken" vacuum cleaner by figuring out in about 5 seconds that "the hose is clogged dumbass!" [The "dumbass" was implied.] But before I can apply the vaccuum to that hideous victorian green carpet (which was not made less hideous by a month's accretion of . . . stuff that would ordinarily be removed by a vaccuum) I wanted to make the non-floor portions of my living room more pleasing to the eye. Progress is slowly being made, but, to give you an idea of just how bad it had gotten, this one room might take me all day.

Part of my new-found energy is the sudden release from the downward pressure the dreaded bar was exerting.. But another source of cheer and energy is definitely the lift I got from my trip to Oregon. The beauty of Zach's luncheon table setting, the happiness of being around my mom, the sight of ground uncovered by snow, the cheerful bumptiousness of two friendly slobbering dogs . . . all make me want to not waste this uptick in my spirits. I want to make my own life a little more lovely. I've already taken steps to make myself more comely, which always helps everything else, a new haircut, tamed brows, and this afternoon microdermabrasion and a facial. But this morning it's about my surroundings. Starting with the living room.

No comments: