Monday, March 24, 2008

I miss . . .

inexpensive fresh flowers. It would be really nice to be able to pick up a $5 bunch of daffodils or tulips at the grocery store. A little something to counteract the black/white/gray gloom outside.

A great friend I'd made here moved to Texas at the beginning of March and is back in town for a few days to finish packing up her house. I spent a long time with her yesterday, and as unideal as her current Texas living situation is, she couldn't stop mentioning how much she didn't miss the snow. And it just fed into my current dissatisfaction with the mountains. Everyone hates this time of year here. I'm not alone. But I need to find a way to enjoy it anyway. Either that, or get a job so I can not feel guilty about spending some of my last nickels to fly someplace warm for a week.

No comments: