Saturday, March 22, 2008

The things we do to ourselves

Two weeks ago I started on a series of microdermabrasion treatments designed to make my skin as dewy soft and glowy as it's possible for it to look. I didn't get a chance to go last week, so today was only my second appointment. And my aesthetician is just so generally horrified by the state of my skin and eager to see results that she didn't confine herself to the sandblast machine. She decided to whip out the fucking laser and BURN OFF a layer of skin on my chin. I mean, she asked first, this wasn't a non consensual attack. After all, what kind of fool would say "no" to a free laser treatment? That shit is expensive! But . . . oh my god. The smell. Of burning flesh. And though this was a super light laser treatment on a small area of skin . . . I can still smell it. An hour later.

No comments: