Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Grey

No river rambling for me today. It's cold (high of 45!), damp, and unremittingly grey. I have a hard time getting out of bed on mornings like this, but today I forced myself awake after my 9+ hours of sleep and finally made it to a yoga class. The free yoga was one of the more enticing perks of working at the spa, but this is the first time I've actually made myself go. I'm so ridiculous. I was nervous about sweating in front of people I know, and I felt guilty about using gas to get into town just to exercise. But it was fabulous! The meditation alone was worth the trip, but the stretching and taxing of muscles I haven't used since I gave up private pilates sessions (at the same time I gave up a real income) was the real treat. Although, my current practically immobile state is sort of a painful reminder of just how lazy I've let myself be. But, oh well. It's a perfect excuse to light a fire, drink pot and pots of tea, curl up with the cats, and watch every romantic British movie I have on DVD while still feeling that I accomplished something real and healthy today. (You know what I love most about yoga? It makes me feel at least two inches taller.)

No comments: