Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pretty Pretty Spring

Oh my. I . . . hurt. A lot. But lets not talk about that. Today we're having a break in the rain, so I grabbed my camera and went out to get a few spring photos. It's not an ideal photo-taking day, given the threatening clouds filling the sky, but the blog has gotten a little text heavy. Aren't those flowers on the right sweet? They're tiny, about the size of a wild strawberry. (I bring up because I saw some wild strawberry flowers too. So promising for a real summer.)

And here's a view of the river (the Gold Fork River to be precise) taken from that lovely boulder by the waterfall I found Monday. I didn't take the time for a picnic today. What with the clouds and the mist and the 49 degree temperature, it was a little cold to just hang out on a rock. I admit I put up with the cold for as long as I could while I summoned the strength to walk back to my car but . . . it wasn't very long. And this last photo below I actually took a few weeks ago on one of my too frequent drives down to Boise. I wish the photo could really capture how amazingly colorful the hills were with wildflowers. Waves and waves of purple and yellow. But the scene was beyond both my skills and my camera.

No comments: