Thursday, November 8, 2007

Not Very Green

I'm doing my damndest to speed global warming and not feeling very good about it. Since I bought my new car in May, I've driven almost 14,000 miles. In FIVE YEARS I only put 28,000 miles on my last car. This is . . . not good. But I can't help myself. I want to go places! This week I drove to Newport for a very very short visit. I left on Sunday and returned on Tuesday for an almost 700 mile roundtrip. Ridiculous. The weather was perfect, I had some stuff I needed to retrieve from my old bedroom, I wanted to see my mom and play scrabble with Zach before winter sets in and the roads get bad and I'm too nervous to do more than drive to work or the grocery store and I don't see anyone on the days that I'm not working. Anyway, I needed to confess that ridiculous extravagance. It was a lovely trip, really perfect, but . . . I feel bad.

***

In other news, my BarBri materials are on their way. Can you feel my terror and dread through your computer?

No comments: