Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Just When I Was Feeling Accomplished . . .

I was feeling pretty proud of myself for a relatively productive day. I'd finished painting the closet (primer and two coats of color), I'd done a little clever re-arranging in the laundry room (rearranging that involved the use of a cordless drill, so handy of me!), I'd put up a hook by the fireplace so that my bellows wasn't just laying on the carpet all the time. I was even installing some new weatherstripping on my back door when my neighbor stopped by to ask if I'd be willing to housesit once in awhile. Since I've noticed he has DishNetwork, my answer was a HELL YES! And then he pointed to some long-ass pieces of wood that have been stacked by my house since the aborted siding project of this summer and casually asked if I needed to put those away before they got ruined by the weather. Shit. YES. I DO need to put them away if I don't want them to be useless by spring. But . . . I'd kind of just decided . . . I didn't really care and wasn't going to do anything about it since did I mention they're REALLY long and cumbersome and a pain in the ass to move not to mention there's a hell of a lot of them and the only place to really put them is on some shelves below the ceiling of the carport which requires some really awkward maneuvering. But. Fuck. I've been shamed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a bellows?

Corina said...

You open and close it and it directs air at the fire, feeding it to get it started more easily.