Saturday, January 5, 2008

Stormy

I jumped ship early at the spa yesterday. It started snowing and blowing around noon, and I kept hearing sirens all afternoon. In a town as small as McCall, that spells really bad roads. So I closed up shop a little after 4 so I could get home before dark. It was really warm (in the low 30s), which made the roads even worse, a slushy slippery mess. I had a death grip on the wheel until I pulled safely into my carport a little over an hour later.

I had trouble sleeping last night, the wind howling around the house and the hail on the tin roof sounded lovely and dramatic, but was not soothing.

I have no plans to leave the house (well, no plans to go farther from my door than the wood shed at any rate) for the next few days. In case you were wondering, I've already fallen a little behind in the BarBri study schedule. I've been distracted by my DVDs of The West Wing's third season. That ends today.

No comments: