Friday, October 5, 2007

Cat Update

I'm down to two kittens, both of them spoken for, YAY! While I was off galivanting, my mom took three of the kittens to the local shelter. Apparently, they don't have a ton of kittens right now, and they were sure they'd be able to find homes for them. I'll wander in next week just to see if they're still there.

Freckles seems thrilled to have fewer kittens around pestering her. She's eager to get outside and go hunting . . . which means I really need to get her in to the vet to be spayed. Don't worry, I will. There's no way I'm going through another kitten crisis if it can be prevented.

And Sugar . . . well, Sugar is an apartment kitty. She's never lived in the mountains before. This is all really new for her. Which background I'm providing to pre-empt all of you who might call her "dumb" (and yes, I'm talking to you DAVID) for jumping, with all four paws, onto a brightly burning wood stove last night. Don't worry, she's going to be fine. I took her to the vet this morning and apparently she only burned her toes and not the main paw pad, so barring an infection, she should heal just fine. She doesn't seem to have any trouble walking, the only indication that she's been injured is the occasional disgusted look she directs at her right front paw once in awhile.

No comments: