Thursday, October 11, 2007

Um

I just applied for a part-time job as a receptionist at a spa. What do you bet they don't even consider me because my resume is so screwy? A little retail work here . . . three years as a lawyer there . . . a big long stint of doing absolutely nothing productive . . . the woman I spoke to on the phone did like my phone voice though, which if nothing else was nice to hear.

But the weird thing is, part of me really wants this job! I think it would make the winter less lonely, especially as I study for the bar, which is a horribly solitary thing. I could meet some people, have the constant human interaction that I didn't get as a lawyer, get out of my pyjamas and wear some of my cute business casual fall/winter wardrobe, have a little extra spending money . . . and I didn't ask, but I wonder if I'd get a discount on spa services? The occasional facial could be nothing but good.

ETA: Well, I got an interview. The guy who called asked if I could come in today, and all I could think was . . . . but . . . I haven't washed my hair in three days and I have no idea which boxes my work appropriate attire is in . . . so . . . how about tomorrow? Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would your friends get discounts at the spa?

Corina said...

Excellent question! I'll be sure to ask tomorrow at my interview (apparently in spite of my "intimidating" resume, they're willing to at least meet me).

Hell, if it would get some of my friends to come out and visit me this winter, I'll PAY for a spa treatment.