Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tragedy

I sent a box of CDs and DVDs to my mom via media mail while I was preparing to leave DC, and it never arrived. I keep discovering new things that I'm missing. The latest discovery . . . While You Were Sleeping and About a Boy. I love those movies. Those are my main, go-to comfort movies. This is truly a tragedy. If I'd just noticed yesterday, I could have picked up new copies while I was down in Boise. I guess this requires a trip to Amazon. I'm so disappointed. I wanted to watch a double feature while folding laundry and putting up curtains. Sigh. I guess this means I have to go to the back-ups Notting Hill and Ever After.

ETA: I'm also missing Bridget Jones. This is getting expensive. HATE the post office.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, tragedy indeed! do you have The Devil Wears Prada? I find it to be a panacea. Also -- not that you need my help sifting through romcoms -- but American President -- I believe it to be a cure-all.

Corina said...

Mom comes to the rescue again! Of course, she has copies of all these movies, so she's going to put together a little care package.

I don't have The Devil Wears Prada, and I know how much you love The American President, but it just doesn't do it for me. Something about Michael Douglas as a leading man just skeeves me out. If it wasn't such a sunny, beautiful day I'd settle in with the BBC Pride & Prejudice, which really is a cure-all. As it is, I might just have to watch the last few hours starting when Elizabeth gets her first view of Pemberley.

Anonymous said...

oh come on! American President - a romcom that champions the liberal cause?! you couldn't make that movie about Republicans!

Corina said...

I totally agree but . . . I can't imagine ever wanting to kiss Michael Douglas. And that sort of ruins the experience for me.