Thursday, October 4, 2007

Home

Remember before I left for my awesome Portland/Alabama/Belize vacation and I was all "wah, the trees are starting to change color and it's getting kind of chilly at night boohoo woe is me?" (Ok, maybe I didn't share it, I don't remember, but I do remember feeling that way.) Whatever. I'm home. And the drive up into the mountains was beautiful, all red and yellow leaves and dramatic cloud formations and . . . beautiful! And the view from my living room? Even more beautiful. Yellow aspens and snow on west mountain. Wait, did you catch that? Let me back up. There is SNOW on the MOUNTAIN. And the forecast for tonight? SNOW. Not on the mountain, on ME. And tomorrow's projected high? 44 degrees. Holy crap. I'm not ready for this. I haven't worn shoes regularly since I left for Myanmar at the end of January. I don't know if I can do cold. Guess we're about to find out.

No comments: